The days of writing hand-code are long gone. Nowadays, most of the websites are created by CMS(Content Management System). Now a question comes out to our mind that what is CMS.
A content management system is computer software by which a user can create, customize, modify, and publish web content without programming knowledge.
There are over 1.7 billion websites online in 2020 and most of them are created by CMS.
There are lots of CMS options available. It is challenging for us to choose the best CMS for our website creation. To remove your tension, I am going to list down about 10 best CMS platforms.
So, Let’s go to check our list.
Simply, WordPress is a free and open-source web publishing software to create a website or blog which is written in PHP. It was published in 2003 developed by
In this era, most of the developers are using WordPress for creating a website in a short time. On the internet, almost 35% of all websites were created with WordPress. No other platform has come close to WordPress.
- WordPress gives you the right to create any kind of website like an online store, business website, blog, etc.
- No need to acquiring programming knowledge to create a website on WordPress.
- There’s a huge collection of themes and plugins. It will make your job much easier.
- WordPress block editor gives you a chance to create a site by drag and drop.
- Plugins help you to maintain your site with an easy process.
Joomla is another famous free open source CMS platform which comes with lots of different templates and extensions. It’s free to use, That doesn’t mean that you Don’t need to buy domain & hosting.
It was first released in 2005 developed by Open Source Matters, Inc. and the Joomla community. Joomla is written in PHP.
Almost 8000 free extensions are available on the official site of Joomla and more are available from other sources. 2.5 million websites are running on Joomla. It is the fourth most used content management system.
The installation of Joomla is not so difficult. Like WordPress, You can use a one-click installer that is provided in your cPanel.
- If you want to build something complicated, then Joomla can be the best choice. Lots of templates and extensions make your task so much easy.
- Like WordPress, Joomla is open-source, and If you feel difficulty building a website, there’s lots of community support just waiting for you.
- It supports over 64 languages.
Drupal can be a good option for the developer. Drupal is another CMS platform.
For building a blog, political,
the government website, Drupal can be the best option for you.
At least 2.3% of all websites worldwide are built with drupal. For building a blog, political, government website, Drupal can be the best option for you.
Over 44,000 free modules (third-party integrations) and 2,800 free themes are available for Drupal which helps you to highly customize your site.
Now a day, drupal accept some martech products like Tableau, Salesforce, Mailchimp, HubSpot, Google Analytics, and Shopify.
- The management of content is so much easy.
- Modules help you to finish your task in a short time.
- Community support options are available.
- One of the biggest advantages of using Drupal is its functionality.
- The category option makes your Magento easier.
- It’s available in over 90 languages.
- It’s SEO friendly. SEO helps you to rank your site in search engines.
- It gives you the top-class security of your website.
If you want to build an e-commerce website, then Magento is the best choice for you. It is open-source software and much like WordPress and Woocommerce.
It gives you a chance to build your website by drag-and-drop page builder.
Over 2500,000 websites are built with Magento. This is a very adorable CMS platform if you are interested to build an e-commerce store.
- Highly Customizable.
- Lots of third-party extensions are available
- Connect different payment getaway.
- Very accessible.
- Can accommodate big apps.
- Develops themes and extensions regularly.
Like Magento, Shopify is another e-commerce based platform. It is a Canadian multinational e-commerce company which was founded in 2004 by Tobias Lütke, Daniel Weinand, and Scot Lake.
It is an all-in-one hosted CMS platform that offers a domain name, SSL Certificate and Web Hosting.
The downside of this platform is more focused on e-commerce and it’s costly. The plan range between $29-$299 per month.
- The great advantage of this platform is its e-commerce functionality.
- Credit and debit cards are acceptable.
- Lots of temes and extensions are available for ShopyfyThrough live chat, you will get 24/7 Shopify support.
- For more features, you can add third-party apps.
If you are looking for a CMS platform to build your website like WordPress, then Wix is waiting for you. It was founded in 2006 by Israeli developers Avishai Abrahami, Nadav Abrahami, and Giora Kaplan.
Though it has some limitations, Wix is a famous CMS platform for building your website in a short time.
For limitation mane, users are searching an option How to switch from Wix to WordPress because WordPress is better than Wix.
The plan ranges between $4.5-$24.5 per month. It offers a free plan too.
- Drag-and-Drop interface is supported on a website quickly.
- Lots of themes and plugins are available.
- Blogging and e-commerce functionality.
- Fully responsive
Though Typo3 is another CMS Platform, we can’t list Typo3 as the best CMS platform for its limitation. But the major advantage of using Typo3 is that it supports the various operating system like Windows, Linux, macOS, FreeBSD, and OS/2.
Typo3 was released in 1997 which was written in PHP and developed by Typo3 Association.
A lot of extensions are available for Typo3 by which you can add extra functionality.
- It is a great choice for a business-level website, not recommended for a smaller website.
- Multilingual website is supported by it.
- Can be managed multiple Websites from a single installation.
- Lots of extensions are available which adds extra functionality.
Someone called SquareSpace a website builder, others call it a web app. Whatever it is, in a word, it’s a tool that creates and maintains the website by we4b browser.
The best feature of SquareSpace is, you can build a website by just using the drag-and-drop feature.
And it can be a major problem for you that it’s not open source that means you can’t download the software and can’t install it on your server.
It’s most similar to Wix. SquareSpace will offer you hosting, SSL certificate, support, and other feature at a time. The plan start from $12 to $40 per month
- User friendly
- All-in-one pack
- Blogging and e-commerce functionality.
If you are searching for a CMS platform like WordPress, Weebly comes first. Weebly has launched a few years ago. It was released in 2006 by David Rusenko.
Though WordPress is open-source, Weebly is not. It’s paid and paid plans start from $5 per month when you paid annually, the business plan is $25 per month when you paid annually and Business plus is $38. But you glad to know that it offers a free plan for the basic user.
Like Wix and SquareSpace, Weebly offers an all-in-one pack with hosting, domain, website builder, and e-commerce functionality.
- Drag-and-Drop feature
- Lots of plans with a free plan for basic user
- Easy to add media
- SEO friendly
- Blogging and e-commerce functionality
If you want a free blogging platform, Blogger can be the best choice for you.
This platform is owned by Google. Now one problem you have to face that you have to use a subdomain and your main domain will be blogspot.com
But a good news is waiting for you. You have to option of using a custom domain of your choosing.
- Lots of gadgets are available which add extra feature
- Easy to get started
- No need to install and update anything
- As it’s free, no need to pay for anything
Without any doubt, WordPress is the best CMS Platform and website builder in the world. Almost 35% of websites on the internet are built by WordPress.
Because of its high customization option and availability of themes and plugins, WordPress is number one.
On the other hand, if you want an all-in-one pack, Wix or SquareSpace is the best choice.
And for free blogging, Blogger is a good choice.
Now, what do you think is the best CMS platform in 2020? Please share your opinion in the comment section